Hyderabad and many other cities in India are facing torrential rains.The heavy downpour has already drowned many parts of the city. Hope all of you are doing well and taking care of yourselves as such a weather brings in lots of diseases and illness. Avoid outside food and drink purified water. Please do not compromise on health as it could prove to be disastrous. The city has come to a halt because of clogged roads and heavy traffic, but the show must go on, right? We can’t escape from our daily chores and must find alternatives to come over it. The uncertain rain makes it so difficult to manage with our outfits and makeup, so this time I have some suggestions and techniques on makeup and hair care from my friend Ruby Bal who is a professional makeup artist trained under MAKEUP GURU CORY WALIA and has worked with many south indian celebs. Hope you find these tips valuable.
Since it’s rainy here in Hyderabad and also that the Navratri’s coming up which will make you all sweaty here are some waterproof makeup regime guidelines for you girls.
Make up is a girl’s best friend! And to get it right before you put on those dancing shoes, all you need are these tips:
- Grab a few ice cubes and rub them on your face as gently as it can get and make sure you give it some love and care.
- Primer is very important for the base and foundation to stay on for long. So apply a good one on your face just the way you would apply a moisturiser and leave it for a few seconds.
- And now comes the foundation to even out the skin tone. Pick one to match with yours and apply with a brush or a make up sponge.
- A good concealer helps to cover those black spots or dark circles if you have any.
- Dab the face with some loose powder/pressed powder for a lightweight coverage
- Use Compaq or pressed powder to give the foundation applied a smoothening effect. More like an even tone before you get on with the blush.
- We now move over to the most important part of make up – the eyes! Eye-liners, Kohl and Mascara! You can’t step out without them! Nope! Eye-liner defines the eyes and some eye shadows wouldn’t hurt. Go careful with choosing the shades depending on your complexion. And definitely the mascara must be waterproof.
- Enhance your cheek with blush to provide a more youthful appearance, and to emphasize the cheekbones
- The contour of your face ultimately defines how attractive you look. So, yes, please do it with a smooth brush.
- Finally, complete the look with some matte rich and dark coloured lipsticks (think red, dark pink, browns et al)which are in season now. Use a slim lip pencil to shape the lips.
Ruby’s recommendations for best water-proof products :
Bonjour Paris concealer
L’Oreal Matte Morphose foundation
Lakme Absolute highlighter
Maybelline Newyork water-proof Lash sensation
Maybelline Newyork Cheeky glow blush
M.A.C Matte lipcolors
Now you know how to go about with water proof make up and look heavenly despite rains or your sweat.I use most these products myself and I am quite happy and satisfied with the quality. So girls here’s the green signal for you, go ahead and shop, shop, shop. They are easily available at pocket-friendly prices in stores and online.
Once you are done with all of the party fun don’t forget to clean your face with a good make-up remover, use cotton balls to wipe it off and be gentle with your face. Sleeping with all your make up on is the last thing you’d want to do since it can damage your skin and block all your pores resulting in acne, black heads and other skin issues. I trust home remedies work best to repair damaged skin and give an all time glow. My mother always insists that I used her tricks and they work well for me, So I thought I should share it with you guys:
- I use fresh Aloe Vera gel to smoothen my skin.
- Fuller’s earth or the multan-ni-mitti mixed with rose water is a good option for a cooling effect.
- Lemon juice and honey with cooked oatmeal mixture can reduce your acne.
- Use a Cinnamon powder & honey mask to get rid off black heads.
- Grate a raw potato and use the juice to lighten dark circles under your eyes.
- Take a thin slice of lemon and add sugar on it, then rub it on your lips to exfoliate the dead cells so new skin can appear.
- Apply coconut oil for wrinkle free skin.
- Drink Green tea to detoxify your system and to get the inner glow.
Ruby also shares some tips to on how to take care of your luscious locks and maintain them well.
Hair care begins with shampooing. It cleanses the hair and scalp, removing all the dirt, grime, skin debris, and chemicals and retains the natural properties of hair and scalp. Hair needs to be thoroughly cleansed before any kind of styling and hair remedies are applied. People normally take more care of styling of hair or coloring the same but ignore the aspect of correctly shampooing the hair.
Choose the right shampoo first. Don’t fall for expensive or fancy brands. Need to have right understanding of the hair texture. It is important to know that there are three types of hair textures – normal, dry and oily. Therefore the shampoos are also available accordingly to support the respective hair textures. So brands and cost play secondary roles when compared to the correct selection process of shampoo which has a primary function.
Wash your hair daily. It is very important for climatic conditions in India which is very dusty, sunny and humid. The correct procedure to wash hair is to make hair wet followed by applying shampoo. Finally wash with water thoroughly. Sometimes you need to wash twice to make sure that no shampoo is left in the hair and scalp.
Human race has a long standing tradition of washing hair and taking care of hair by following natural techniques. We also have our grand-mother formulas for hair care. But with modern time and advancement the climatic conditions have drastically changed. We are facing issues like pollution, sudden change of weather, availability of hair care raw material etc. So we have to fall back on modern methods time and again.So are the old formulas no longer working? Well, their longer usage may be ineffective in today’s environment.
Hope your queries regarding make up and hair care have been resolved with our Expert Ruby’s suggestions. You can follow RUBY BAL on Facebook for a makeover or some really cool tips on edgy make up.
Stay tuned as I come back with more on Fashion and trends.