Hope & Pray everyone’s doing well! A lot of you guys had asked me to share some tips on how to take care of your hair. So here I am to share my knowledge on the topic:
Firstly I would like to throw some light on colored hair since most of us get our hair colored every now & then. A lot of people over wash colored hair making them dry and frizzy. You must shampoo your locks once or twice a week, you can condition them without shampooing too that way the moisture will remain locked. Also, frequent shampooing can wash out the color too fast.
On a general note, here are the things you need to keep in your mind:
- You need to wash your hair only 2-3 times a week max! Yes, don’t rinse them so frequently that your locks get deprived of the natural oil that your scalp produces.
- If you have curlier tresses, you can increase the gap between your shampoo days as the oils take longer to trickle down. If your hair is straight then the oil wicks down faster and you might need to shampoo often.
- Also, if you are a physically active person who gets sweaty often, then you could just rinse your hair without shampoo after a long day or after coming back home from your workout. That way, it will not wash out the oils, but just the sweat
- Invest in a good dry shampoo. It will help reduce the oil build up and also give an amazing texture to your hair. It can also be your savior on bad days.
- Avoid hot showers
- Shampoo just your scalp and do not scrub your ends too hard
- You must develop a habit of towel drying your tresses before conditioning them. Or at least, squeeze out the excess water before conditioning, lest the conditioner will not be able to perform it’s work. The water retention does not allow the conditioner to penetrate into the shaft to deliver the necessary moisture. Try rinsing the conditioner with cold water for better results.
- Brush you tresses, from bottom to up in small sections, to avoid breakage and thinning.
- When blow drying, point the nozzle downwards and not up.
- Before jumping into the pool, apply a little conditioner so that it saves your hair from the harsh chemicals.
Oil your locks and scalp at least an hour before you shampoo. Oiling gives your hair certain minerals that it is deprived of and also helps in controlling frizz.
Try to include these foods in your diet for healthy hair:
- Spinach & Dark Leafy Greens for Iron.
- Citrus Fruits for Vitamin C.
- Nuts & Seeds for Omega-3 Fatty acids.
- Whole grains for Biotin.
- Carrots & Avocados.
- Eggs for Protein.
Here are some home remedies for your tresses:
For Hair-fall: Olive oil + Honey + Cinnamon Powder. Apply this mixture for 15 mins and rinse thoroughly .
For dry and frizzy hair: Apply a whisked Egg and leave it in for 20 mins, Rinse and shampoo . You can get similar results with the use of bottle guard juice.
For the bounce: Take equal portions of warm water and Apple Cider Vinegar and apply. Leave for 5 mins and Rinse thoroughly.
To reduce breakage: 1 cup Yogurt + 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar + 1 tbsp Honey. Apply the mixture and leave it in for 15 mins then rinse.
For an itchy scalp: Lemon juice + olive oil. Apply and leave it for 20 mins. Rinse with shampoo. Use it once a week.
For curly locks: 1 Egg + 2 tbsp Mayonnaise + 1 tbsp Olive oil + 1 tbsp Honey. Apply this mask to your hair, slap a shower cap, leave it in for 30 min while watching your favorite program and then head to the shower!
For highly styled tresses: If you’re someone who uses a lot of hair styling products regularly then you need to cut the product build up on your scalp to let it breathe. Apply 2 tbsp of Baking Soda with water to your hair and leave it for 15 mins, Rinse with shampoo.
Hope this was helpful, do drop your queries and suggestions in the comments section below.