Burning those extra calories and maintaining your body and weight are now an essential part of our lives. Most of us have joined some of the other form of physical activity such as gym, yoga, Zumba, aerobics, etc., but are we dedicated enough? Are we consistent? No. While there are many reasons for it, I would like to point out to one of the most important reasons overlooked by many of us i.e your sports gear. Wearing ill-fitted attire to the gym can be one of the major cause. It could make you feel irritable and conscious on one hand and could also set in a sense of boredom. So I have some tips for you ladies on how to carefully select the perfect ensemble for yourself. Gone are the days when women’s workout wear consisted of men’s castoffs. Today, a variety of designers offer gym wear that is comfortable, functional and breathable, yet still feminine and fashionable. Build up a wardrobe of clothes to wear to the gym so you’re motivated to show off your new duds and your new shape.
- Selecting fitted tops: While in the past oversized shirts and sweats were the rules at the gym, the more modern gym calls for better-fitting tops. In certain types of the gym, such as a yoga studio, tighter clothes are requested, since it gives instructors a better idea of your posture and form. Look for tank tops and slim-fitting clothes made from performance materials that wick away sweat to help keep you cool and dry at the gym. Sloppy gym clothes aren’t really a good idea. The reason being that, the better you can see your bodily flaws, the more motivated you’ll be to work on them. So go in for those slush-back crop tops, stretchable and full support tank tops or make it even more fashionable by pairing a spaghetti along with and a loose one-shoulder crop top. You can always carry your sweatshirts or hoodies to cover up once you’re done with all the sweating.
2. Choose your bottoms well: Based upon the type of exercise you’ll be doing once you’re at the gym. Women have a wide variety of gym bottom wear to choose from, including shorts for cycling classes, cropped leggings for yoga and stretch pants for Pilates and general exercise. Look for good quality bottom-wear that don’t stretch out after a few wearings and have an adjustable waistline for a more personalized fit. Purchase a few different styles and wear them to the gym; you’ll soon be able to choose which type of pants you like the best. Depending on your body types you could decide upon the colors or prints of your pants. If you have a heavy lower body, opt for pants which concentrate more on your shin and foot area such as designs and lighter shades in the lower part of your pants which will make you look stylish and at the same time they will not highlight your booty. If you have a slimmer bottom, you can go in for bright colors and bold designs according to your skin tone.
- Proper Footwear: Choose the right footwear for your preferred activities. Running shoes generally aren’t suited for aerobics and cross trainers aren’t usually good for running. Another factor is the shape of your foot. You may need extra support or padding in the arches, depending on whether you have a high or low arch or flat feet. Retail stores specializing in sporting goods & athletic shoes may offer free gait analysis, which helps you select the correct shoe for your chosen activity. It is very important to choose appropriate footwear since it will help you to concentrate more on your exercise. A bad choice of shoes can leave you with rashes, bruises, muscle cramps and aches in your body. Fluorescent colors are in-vogue so do not think twice before picking them up.
- Hair & make up: It’s understandable that when heading to the gym, you want to look attractive and presentable. If you must wear makeup, choose a sheer, a light foundation that won’t clog pores. Add a couple of coats of waterproof mascara and then pull your hair out of your face. It’s an easy and functional look that still allows you to look polished at the gym. Do carry a sweatband which helps you to keep the sweat off your face. It’s always advisable to tie your hair to avoid discomfort and hair breakage. You can tuck your hair in a messy bun or a stylish braid to sport an edgy look.
- A supportive sports bra: Last but not least, A well-fitted brassiere is very important to keep your girls comfortable and supported. Before you start purchasing tank tops and yoga pants for your workouts, you need to head to a lingerie store. Purchasing a well-fitting sports bra can mean the difference between a solid workout and a painful experience. Visit a store where you can be professionally measured for a sports bra and try on a variety of bra styles before you choose the one that’s right for you and your particular fitness activity. Move around while trying on the bra, bending over and jumping up and down to ensure that it stays in place. You can also treat yourselves with bright and fancy patterns and team them up with sheer crop tops or tanks.
So keep these tips in mind before you head out to shop and choose wisely because your attire will motivate you to put in your best at the gym and look healthy and gorgeous at the same time.
Lots of love!